Orthopaedic surgeons are focused on providing the best care possible. Often that means attending industry conferences or implementing a new best practice – but now we can become more effective based on the more important stakeholder in your success: the patient.
Patient-reported outcomes are turning patient feedback into data we can use to improve care on an ongoing basis. Surgeons return patients to normal activities – but are those activities more painful than they were before?
Patient-reported outcomes capture critical insights from patients. By analyzing data from a surgeon’s body of work, it’s possible to know which surgical approaches provide the best results, which implants result in less pain and whether discharge instructions were clear.
Ortech advises on the metrics to track based on what orthopaedic researchers follow, as well as what state-wide registries capture.
What our clients are doing with the data:
- Publish studies based on their own body of work
- Develop their own studies
- Improve reimbursement based on more accurate transcription
- Identify patient experience issues
- Prevent over- and under-billing with standardized automatic notes
- Collaborate with peers in a secure and HIPPA compliant manner
Surgeons expect data capture to be onerous but this is no longer the case. Not only is Ortech not a burden; it saves time, money, and makes your practice more efficient. When data collection takes place in the OR, it has to be a seamless experience for OR staff, saving time instead of interfering or creating needless steps.
Our implementation process makes the data-capture process turn-key, and includes guidance from Ortech to determine what data-capture will drive your practice forward. You might know what you want to achieve, but not what data to collect. We are here to bridge that gap. Our extensive involvement in the industry allows us to give you consultation on best practices on what others are gathering – and we’re always a phone call or email away.
Save time transcribing
Our software has a templating system that can generate reports, clinical notes, summaries or operative reports, based on that data set of care and generate a note for them in seconds. You have the ability to personalize notes and add patient-specific information without any transcription, avoiding the potential for human error.
No more dictating and filing after each clinical visit. No more describing and saving every surgery.
- Data input you can access in real time
- Seamless operation with all the people touching the data input: No transcription
- Get a higher response for patient reported outcomes
- The process is time-saving. It doesn’t involve more work on your part or another layer of bureaucracy and paperwork
- The datA inside of each report are held in discreet fields and fully searchable in your own registry.
- Non-intrusive to the patient who has the option to report at a kiosk or iPad at the clinic or in their comfort of their own home
Choosing a data partner is a big decision and we understand that. We want to make it easy for you to choose Ortech and to know you’re providing the most exceptional care to patients – with data to back it up.
Learn more about why surgeons are choosing Ortech: