Data capture for registries
Understand how to improve quality of care and reduce costs – under a microscope, and from 50,000 feet.
Registries are our specialty. Whether a single care provider, private group, single hospital, hospital system, state-wide or national collaborative – we accommodate all sizes. We make accurate data-capture at the point of care easy for clinicians and patients. This includes leveraging Ortech’s orthopaedic implant library. Partnering with Ortech ensures an accurate account of all implants used by registry participants. Then we match that with wide-scale data – that you own – that you can mine for insights. As a result, every hospital in the registry can benchmark and improve.
Indeed, a registry is quite an undertaking – but it’s a vast improvement to a process that feels like herding cats, as you seek to improve reporting, track safety, and ultimately, improve outcomes.
In a registry, data-capture across a great breadth of participants means that insights grow more valuable. Ortech has seen this value through powering many large registry initiatives including the California Joint Replacement Registry (CJRR), American Joint Replacement Registry (AJRR), Michigan Arthroplasty Research Collaborative Quality Initiative (MARCQI), North American Spine Society (NASS), Alberta Arthroplasty Database, Nova Scotia Health Authority Joint Registry and many others.
Here are just a few things registries are doing with their data:
- Identify best practices among hospitals
- Capture insights from patient-reported outcomes
- Create reports that show patients’ improvement on functional status and pain measures
- Establish benchmark reports on key quality indicators
- Give data to a statistician to perform risk adjustments
- Identify root problems and reduce infections and unnecessary transfusions
- Use data elements in hip and knee arthroplasty
- Create charts to track progress
- Help registry participants identify problems so that continuous improvement can be achieved
- Slice and dice data by complications, devices, unique patients – and any other measure you want to see
- Look at specific intervals for research and cross reference data for quality assurance
- Submit to third party registries (e.g., AJRR, AAOS, NASS)
Choosing a data partner is a big decision, and we understand that. We want to make it easy for you to choose Ortech and to know that you’re data is going to support your decisions in the long term.
Learn more about why large scale registries choose Ortech: